Motorcycle trip from Athens to the Ionian Coast, Lefkada Island, Epirus and Central Greece. An exceptional journey of 10 days and 1230 km.
Traveling by motorcycle is a great way to discover new places. Every summer there are many people who decide to take advantage of the holidays and the good weather to travel to Greece by renting a motorcycle.
The diversity of the landscape and the good weather make Greece an ideal destination for motorcycle travel, touring many sites and at the same time relaxing.
Day 1: Athens
Arrival in Athens and transfer to your hotel. Our staff will meet you at the hotel to welcome you and inform you about the trip.
Day 2: Athens
Breakfast and free day to know the city with the possibility of making optional excursions.
Day 3: Lepanto (Nafpaktos)
Breakfast and pick up of your rental motorcycle. Departure towards Lepanto passing by the Corinth Canal and the hanging bridge of Rio Antirio. Lepanto is known because it was the scene of the naval battle of Lepanto, where Miguel de Cervantes participated. Visit the old port and the castle overlooking the Gulf of Lepanto. Night in Lepanto.
Day 4: Preveza
After breakfast, exit Lepanto in the direction of the town of Preveza. On the way to Préveza we recommend to make a detour to pass to the island of Lefkada by the drawbridge that joins the island with the mainland. In Lefkada you will find two of the most beautiful beaches you have seen, the beaches Porto Katsiki and Egremni. Accommodation in Preveza.
Day 5: Ioannina
Departure from Preveza early in the morning in the direction of the coastal town of Parga. On the way to Parga, youwill visit near Mesopotamos the Nekromanteio, the oracle of death. The ancient Greeks believed that they could communicate with the souls of the dead, which were led by Hermes and Charos to Hades, across the Acherontas River. After the visit to Nekromanteio we recommend a stop to Parga for lunch and continue on your way to the beautiful town of Ioannina, built around Lake Pamvotida, the route around the lake is very beautiful and the scenery beautiful. Overnight in Ioannina.
Day 6 and 7: Zagoria Touring
Traditional villages, stone paths, centuries-old arched bridges and unspoiled natural beauty. During your stay in Zagori you will see: Dragon Lake, Vikos Gorge, and explore traditional stone villages intact by time. Traditional accommodation in the Zagoria region.
Day 8: Meteora
Breakfast and departure to Kalambaka and the Meteora Monasteries. On the way to Meteora we recommend a stop in the town of Metsovo for lunch. Overnight in Kalambaka.
Day 9: Athens
Breakfast and departure to visit the monasteries of Meteora. Meteora is one of the most special places in the world. Meteora means “rocks suspended up in the air” and ther are a set of sandstone cliffs formed under the sea 30 million years ago. These fascinating formations sculpted throughout history were uncovered as they fell below sea level. In these rocks are built the monasteries. Currently 6 of them are open to the public.
Finished the visit departure to Athens, arrival and return of the rental motorcycle. Overnight at your hotel in Athens.
Day 10: Athens
Breakfast and transfer to Athens airport to board your return flight
* Motorcycles in category B1:
- BMW F650GS
- HONDA NC700X
- HONDA XLV 700 TRANSALP
- SUZUKI V-STROM 650
Consult supplement for motorcycles in other categories:
- BMW GS800R
- BMW GS1200R
Price per person in a double room from € 890
- Transfer airport – Hotel – airport in Athens
- Assistance on arrival
- 3 nights in Athens in 3* hotel with breakfast included
- 1 night in Lepanto (Nafpaktos) in 3* hotel with breakfast included
- 1 night in Preveza in 3* hotel with breakfast included
- 1 night in Ioannina in 3* hotel with breakfast included
- 2 nights in the Zagori region in 3* hotel with breakfast included
- 1 night in Meteora in 3* hotel with breakfast included
- B1 motorcycle rental * from day 3 to day 8, pick up / drop off at the rental company’s office in Athens. Includes roadside assistance, third party insurance, and theft
- 24-hour telephone assistance at the destination
- Detailed travel information, places to visit, where to eat, etc
Price does not include:
- Airline tickets to be checked by date and departure airport
- All entrances to museums, archaeological sites, monasteries, as well as any visit
- Unspecified meals, beverages and extras
- Travel insurance
- Fuel and toll
- Driver equipment (helmets, suitcases, etc.)