Milos Geological Private tour
The greatest and most intriguing characteristic of Milos for the conscious visitor is its volcanic origins and geological abundance, which may be explored on this private geological tour with a carefully prepared itinerary.
Based on the Miloterranean Geo Walks, a comprehensive geological path network of the Milos Mining Museum that displays the landscape of Milos and the geological history behind it in seven routes, this trip comprises sections of Route No3 (Sulphur Mines), No2 (Volcano), and No4 (Sea Caves) (Aggeria).
During our private Milos tour, we will make stops to:
- Milos Mining Museum, for a brief guided tour of the Milos Mining Museum and Obsidian collection. (Stop is made if the Museum is open at the time of the booked tour; opening hours and season for the Museum are not known before the season begins.)
- Salt fields, where our knowledgeable guide will explain the history of the salt farms and the significance of Kanava’s port.
- Fyriplaka Crater, and as we pass past the crater’s steep entrance and proceed down a slick road that leads to a clearing directly in the heart of the crater, where century-old cedar trees thrive.
- Kalamos (volcano end), to observe the fumaroles and visit the Ag. Kyriaki beach observation point.
- Sulfur Mines, Milos’ phantom city, where the actual mines were open and the miners had developed an entire, almost entirely autonomous society, until the 1950s, when the site was abandoned practically overnight and the mines’ activity halted abruptly. (Access to the location is dependent on road conditions.)
- Aggeria mine (Europe’s largest operational bentonite mine)
- Modern Mineral Processing Factory
By Trip Tailors
- Price per person from 144€ by car 4 × 4 based on a group of 3 people
Οperated every day except for Fridays
* Accompanying guide in English and Greek
* Midday snack
* Hotel pick up/ drop off
* Admission fee to the Mining Museum
* Any activity not included in the excursion program
* Meals and Drinks
* Personal expenses